Friday, August 30, 2013

My Kind of Fast Food




I’m leaving in less than a week for two months out of country.  The last thing on my mind is cooking…and the last thing I want to do is to dine out as I’ll be eating out for the next 60 days.  Here are my favorite super yummy “fast” foods that can be made in under 10 minutes:

1. Salad Caprese:  this one is a no-brainer in the height of tomato and basil season.

2. Smoked salmon:  a staple always in our freezer.  Love it on a salad using the final veggies in my frig.  Or, on a sandwich with whatever greens I have…as we live in the avocado capital of the world, they’re always on hand and go perfectly on the sandwich.

3. Pesto pasta:  our freezer is full of pesto all year round and the panty is continuously stocked with pasta.  The biggest amount of time spent to create this dish is waiting for the water to boil.
    
4. Omelette:  we’re headed to France where every bistro has an omelette on the menu.  Any left-over cheeses, vegetables, herbs etc. are used for the filling.



Bon appetit.


No comments:

Post a Comment